About NEEC and the Smart Buildings Center:
The Northwest Energy Efficiency Council (NEEC) is a non-profit business association of the building efficiency industry. NEEC’s mission is to promote energy efficiency policies, programs and technologies that create jobs and foster economic growth and environmental improvement.
The Smart Buildings Center (SBC) is a 501c3 organization with a mission to accelerate the adoption and commercialization of smart buildings technologies and practices through education and demonstration. Through partnership with NEEC, the two organizations offer a physical meeting space in the Pacific Tower in Seattle and offer training, educational events and webinars, networking opportunities, and loan out diagnostic tools through the Center’s Tool Lending Library.
NEEC is seeking a motivated Assistant Project Manager to support the organization in managing a range of projects that accelerate adoption of smart buildings practices and technologies through education, training, and other industry support. In addition to supporting multiple projects and managing competing priorities, this individual will have the opportunity to leverage their own knowledge and passion for clean energy to develop new and creative ways to drive both NEEC and the SBC’s missions forward. The Assistant Project Manager will support projects such as the Energy Benchmarking Help Desk, the Smart Buildings Education Program, and the Building Operator Certification program. The role requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, an ability to prioritize multiple projects, and comfort in serving as a point of contact to external stakeholders. While not required, knowledge of energy efficient and smart buildings approaches, building decarbonization, and energy policy is strongly desired. The position reports directly to NEEC’s Director of Education and Training and will work both independently and collaboratively throughout the organization, as well as with NEEC and SBC partner organizations as needed. This is a full-time position based in Seattle, WA with the latitude to work remotely.
- Support the organization’s work on Energy Benchmarking Helpdesk with customer assistance, data tracking and research, and ensuring project deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Work with Project Managers and Directors to ensure projects and deliverables are on schedule and meet requirements
- Work with Building Operator Certification team to support project implementation across the program footprint
- Familiarity with and passion for energy efficient buildings, smart buildings, and smart buildings technologies
- Stay knowledgeable in smart buildings, decarbonization, and energy policy
- Work with staff to create and publish materials demonstrating value of programs through various newsletters, blogs, and social media
- 2+ years of professional work experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects, including planning, reporting, and meeting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high degree of professionalism and an ability to work with a variety of stakeholders including building owners and operators, policymakers, and other industry professionals
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and database skills
- Familiarity with EPA Portfolio Manager
- Experience with energy savings analysis both for individual buildings and a portfolio of buildings
- Data visualization in software such as Tableau
- Prior work and understanding of contracts and grants
Baccalaureate degree or relevant coursework in environmental/energy policy, energy efficiency, and/or public or business administration. Combination of education and experience can be considered.
Compensation and Benefits:
NEEC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include: employer paid health, vision, and dental insurance; IRA with 3% employer match; flexible paid time off; ability to work remotely; public transportation program.
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to Melanie Danuser [email protected]
Application deadline: April 1, 2022