About NEEC and the Smart Buildings Center:
The Northwest Energy Efficiency Council (NEEC) is a non-profit business association of the building efficiency industry. NEEC’s mission is to promote energy efficiency policies, programs and technologies that create jobs and foster economic growth and environmental improvement.
The Smart Buildings Center (SBC) is a 501c3 organization with a mission to accelerate the adoption and commercialization of smart buildings technologies and practices through education and demonstration. Through partnership with NEEC, the two organizations offer a physical meeting space in the Pacific Tower in Seattle and offer training, educational events and webinars, networking opportunities, and loan out diagnostic tools through the Center’s Tool Lending Library.
NEEC is seeking an inspired, passionate, and dynamic Senior Project Manager to support the organization’s footprint with Grid-interactive Efficient Building (GEB) operations, and act as a strategic lead and technical advisor on smart buildings technologies, overall building electrification and policies that support the role of higher performing buildings in the clean energy economy. This role would entail managing multiple projects and clients, as well as seeking new and creative ways to drive the smart buildings conversation through curriculum and content development, trainings, and other initiatives with the Smart Buildings Center. The role requires knowledge of grid-interactive efficient buildings, smart buildings technologies, building systems and diagnostic tools, the energy management industry, and overall project management skills. The position reports directly to NEEC’s Director of Education and Training and will work both independently and collaboratively throughout the organization, as well as with SBC partner organizations as needed. This is a full-time position based in Seattle, WA.
- Develop curriculum on the topic of Grid-interactive Efficient Buildings and smart buildings technologies for NEEC’s Building Operator Certification program
- Manage process of creating and launching a credential in the operation of smart buildings to augment the BOC program
- Work with Certification team to enhance BOC certification exam with new content relevant to technologies and trends in building operations
- Contribute subject matter expertise to the development of forward-thinking solutions that accelerate the demand for smart buildings through new programs and policies
- Generate and publicly present thought-leading ideas through public presentations, written resources, publishable articles, and/or blogs
- 5+ years’ experience with project management
- Familiarity with and passion for grid-interactive efficient buildings, smart buildings, and smart buildings technologies
- Experience working with federal contracts and grants
- Ability to manage multiple projects, including planning, reporting, and meeting deadlines
- 5+ years’ experience in the building design, construction, facility operation, energy management, building science or related industry
- Excellent written communication skills and comfort speaking before large audiences
- Experience with commercial (preferred) or residential building codes
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and an ability to work with a variety of stakeholders including building owners and operators, policymakers, and other industry professionals
- Experience with energy savings analysis both for individual buildings and a portfolio of buildings
- Ability to travel periodically
- Education/Training: Baccalaureate degree in building science, engineering, architecture, environmental studies, planning or a related field OR a combination of education, prior work experience, and certifications, such as CEM or BOC
Compensation and Benefits:
NEEC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include: employer paid health, vision, and dental insurance; IRA with 3% employer match; flexible paid time off; ability to work remotely; public transportation program.
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to Melanie Danuser [email protected]
Application deadline: December 3rd, 2021